We are looking for dependable, friendly, and energetic people to join our team! Our ideal candidates will have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with the public while possessing the ability to intelligently share information about our wines, encourage sales, and create an unforgettable experience for all guests.
Previous wine knowledge/experience is helpful but NOT required - we'll train you! Interviewing for full-time, part-time, or even just ONE DAY a week employment. Already have a full-time job but looking to make some extra cash on the weekend or a weekday you have available? We'd love to bring you on board! We offer flexible scheduling, and a fun work environment. Please when applying, let us know about your weekly availability through the summer and fall.
Possible work locations:
- Tasting room bar - serve wine tastings and interact with guests, place food orders
- Outdoor patio - serve wine-by-the-glass, place food orders, bus tables, work with musical acts and chefs
- Culinary Help - Kitchen service and Prep.
Applicants should possess the ability to:
- Engage in friendly, courteous customer interactions that exceed customer expectations for the wine tasting experience
- Share general information about our wines and express enthusiasm for them
- Share general tourism information of the surrounding area
- Work quickly, efficiently, and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Stand for long periods of time
- Multi-task well, and appropriately manage multiple groups of people at the same time
- Lift 50lbs (case of wine)
- Anticipate needs of both guests and tasting room management
- Learn quickly and carry out written and oral instructions
- Work as a part of a team and build relationships
- Have a positive attitude at all times!
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Pouring, explaining, and selling wine
- Maintaining appearance of the Tasting Room and/or outdoor patio
- Keeping glassware clean and stocked -Bussing guest areas; removing glasses, finished food dishes, etc.
- Answering customer questions about our wine, food pairing recommendations, and our food offerings
- Answering questions about Baraboo, and the surrounding areas
- Assisting with inventory and packaging stock
- Operating the POS system and handling cash and credit card sales
- Assisting with the opening and closing procedures, and ongoing tasting room maintenance and cleanliness
Compensation begins at $9 per hour PLUS gratuities and service charges (wages will vary but typical take home is $15-$18 per hour)