**This is a full time position both 1st and 2nd shifts available.
- Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, carpentry, door and window repair.
- Respond and perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of safety requirements is a MUST- operates within OSHA standards and company safety policies at all times. PPE-Personal Protective Equipment must be worn while performing certain tasks.
- Assist to oversee the property grounds, public areas, and hotel’s guest rooms..
- Determine, communicate, and monitor personal and department achievements and performance standards on a daily basis.
Preferred- 1 year building maintenance with resort experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, operation of equipment, and adhere to safety practices. The ability to work under limited supervision with other people effectively is important. Must be trainable and take instruction to learn position, and work well without constant supervision.
*Must be in good physical condition.
*Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 50lbs.
Sitting, standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers. A lot of bending movement.
Must be able to do routine math calculations.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
- Competitive pay
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts and Incentives
- Employee of the Month/Year
- Friendly work environment
- Potential for Advancement
Chula Vista Resort is a full-service, year-round, themed conference resort. Chula Vista features approximately 622 guest rooms and suites, over 140,000 Square Feet of flexible meeting and convention space, 4 restaurants, and a number of recreational amenities including an indoor and outdoor waterpark, sand volleyball, and miniature golf. Chula Vista Resort has been independently owned and operated for the past 65 years. We are a stable caring employer dedicated to provide success and growth of our employees within the hospitality and tourism industry.