Riverfront Terrace is a gathering place in Downtown Wisconsin Dells showcasing the arts and celebrating the Wisconsin River. It is a collective space where locals and visitors can come together in a relaxed environment overlooking the river to shop, dine, drink, lounge and be entertained. In the summer months we feature daily live music or entertainment.
Beyond our own business operations we have the larger goal of moving forward the revitalization of the Wisconsin Dells River Arts District. Riverfront Terrace represents a shift toward the culturally rich. We will celebrate culinary, visual, performance, artisan, and gallery art. We’ll support balance by promoting healthy living and eating, but also be a place for hip nightlife and live entertainment.
It is vital that we find an Assistant GM who will buy into this message.
Above all the Assistant General Manager is responsible for ensuring a healthy, positive, clean, and satisfying environment for both customers and employees. Other big picture manager responsibilities include maintaining the Terrace’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will be the head of bar operation and work alongside food service. You’ll be expected to maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
We want you to know how to oversee our entire outdoor space. Back of the house management experience is essential. You’ll work with the GM to hire staff, set work schedules, maintain in-depth knowledge of our POS system, manage money, prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
You’ll work with the GM to create our beer and wine menu making regular updates and changes. A knowledge of and passion for craft beer and wine is a plus.
We’ll expect you to lead by example working regular bartender shifts. You’ll be expected to be the leader keeping our staff prepared, focused and positive in our often fast-paced environment.
Weekends, holidays and peak times are required.
We have a beer and wine license only and are not open until bar time. The Terrace will close at 11 during the week and midnight on Friday and Saturday nights so when working the evening shift you'll finish around 12:00am during the week and 1:00am on the weekends.
- Delivering superior food and beverage service while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Assist with design, signage, layout, and feel of the space.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Though your primary responsibility will be to the bar. You must maintain in depth knowledge of our food service and help as needed.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies.
- Perform minor daily bookkeeping tasks.
- Coordinate daily front of the house and back of the house bar and restaurant operations.
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.
- Maintain inventory by estimating future needs for goods and supplies.
- Oversee bands, entertainment, and special events.
- Hire, train, and manage bartenders.
- Organize and supervise shifts.
- Work regular bartending shifts.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve their working experience and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage the Terrace’s positive image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Control operational and labor costs. Identify measures to cut waste.
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and events.
- Work with the GM to develop advertising promotions.
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices.
- You will be expected to walk, stand, and carry heavy items in a regularly fast-paced environment.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
A minimum of a two-year degree is preferred as is experience and education in management and hospitality.
Start date will be in early April.