Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin is America's Largest Waterpark Resort! The Wilderness provides a fun, safe, and memorable experience to not only our guests but our employees as well! We are a family owned resort that takes pride in ensuring guest satisfaction as well as treating our employees like family. We strive for excellence within our resort and hope to create a long lasting positive influence on the employees that join on our team.
Join the Wilderness Family for a rewarding employment experience! #WeAreFamily
The Wilderness Resort is seeking a hardworking, dependable, enthusiastic, customer service driven individuals to join our fast paced team! Employees have access to great benefits, amenity usage, and so much more!
The Host is responsible for greeting all guests with a warm welcome and a smile.
This is a part or full time position with night and weekend availability.
Essential duties and tasks of the position include but are not limited;
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and inviting.
- Check with phone reservationists, or answering machine messages to assure you have all reservations.
- Check with manager to assure there are no large or private parties you do not know about.
- Check with kitchen to see where they stand. See if they are behind or if they are out of anything.
- Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations (planning is everything when running an effective host stand).
- Greets guests, escorts them to their table, and present menus.
- Make sure the server is aware they have been sat.
- Keep the counts for individual server so things come out fair at the end of the night.
- Keep in constant contact with the servers and the kitchen to see if a wait list must be started to maintain quality service
- A large part of the night’s effectiveness is orchestrated from the host stand.
- Keep an eye out that the dining room, entryway, bathrooms, and menus are kept clean throughout operations.
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked and presentable work environment.
- Say good-bye and thank you to all of the guests.
- Check to see that everything was wonderful. Not only is the host or hostess the first impression the guest gets when they come to an establishment they are also the last. You should check with every guest and if there was any kind of problem, quickly get a manager.
*Wilderness Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer