Join our Wilderness Family!
The Wilderness Resort is currently seeking a Plant Care Specialist to join our team! The Plant Care Specialist is responsible for the assisting with the care of all plants, trees, shrubs, and perennials throughout the Wilderness Territory, including Wild Rock Golf Course, Sundara and Wilderness Resort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for plant care of all trees, shrubs, and perennials, including watering, fertilizing, pruning, weed control, and identifying/controlling for diseases and insects. May include pruning at multiple locations.
• Responsible for identification of weeds, insects and diseases and proper control measures. Performs spraying to control as needed.
• Knowledge of irrigation systems and their use.
• Maintain a neat and organized work area to service the customers as efficiently as possible.
• Communicates any issues related plants and quality to the immediate Supervisor.
• Communicates effectively with coworkers and guests.
• Works in a safe manner, along with other employees.
• May operate equipment including trucks, tractors, and skid steer loaders.
• Assist with snow removal during the winter months as business needs dictate.
• Follows company safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
• Associates degree in Horticulture or similar (preferred)
• Previous experience working in Horticulture field (preferred)