Ages 16+ Encouraged to Apply! Full and Part-time positions available! Great Summer Job!
The lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies. This position reports to the lead guard, lifeguard supervisor, assistant water/theme park manager, maintenance director, aquatics director, general manager, and owners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
2. An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
3. Leadership and public relations skills
4. Strong decision-making skills
5. Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in all emergencies.
6. Preventing injuries by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations and behaviors.
7. Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations and educating patrons about them.
8. Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
9. Administering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or using an automated defibrillator (AED) in an emergency and, if trained, administering oxygen when needed.
10. Informing other lifeguards, facility staff and management when more help or equipment is needed.
11. Participate in mandatory regular in-service training sessions.
12. Maintain fitness level (swimming skills - 100 yards using breaststroke or freestyle, strength, and endurance).
13. Maintenance or additional duties/tasks as assigned by his or her supervisor.
Current certification in the following:
o American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid or
o American Red Cross Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid for waterpark multi-attraction facility positions or
o American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
Red Cross Certification classes will be provided. Employment as a Lifeguard will be dependent upon successfully passing the certification tests, which includes both written and physical testing.
• Must be able to maintain and present a professional appearance. Visible excessive tattoos and similar body art must be covered during business hours.
• A professional attitude is required at all times. Being friendly, courteous, energetic is a must to a key employee!
• Must be punctual and possess excellent time management skills.
• Must be able to follow instructions and have good communication skills.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., bend, stoop, and kneel.