Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin is America's Largest Waterpark Resort! The Wilderness provides a fun, safe, and memorable experience to not only our guests but our employees as well! We are a family owned resort that takes pride in ensuring guest satisfaction as well as treating our employees like family. We strive for excellence within our resort and hope to create a long lasting positive influence on the employees that join on our team.
Join the Wilderness Family for a rewarding employment experience! #WeAreFamily
The Wilderness Resort is seeking a hardworking, dependable, enthusiastic, customer service driven individual to join our Food & Beverage team! The Kitchen Manager will be part chef, part artist, and 100% dedicated to an exceptional and memorable culinary experience!
The Kitchen Manager will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
This is a full time position with day, night and weekend availability.
Essential duties and tasks of the position include but are not limited;
- Control and monitor the food costs within the restaurant. Negotiate with vendors and analyze market prices to ensure high quality product, while maintaining budgeted food costs.
- Occasionally tastes and inspects the food to make sure the staff is preparing it correctly. They also ensure the restaurant complies with all sanitary and safety laws.
- Conduct forward-thinking conceptual research and analysis on the development of new and innovative culinary trends, and lead the efforts to propose new menu items and products.
- Create and develop profitable new menu items, recipes, utilize the company process to gain approval, and implement deployment and training efforts to ensure effective and efficient introduction of new items to applicable locations.
- Propose creative culinary ideas/events, such as private chef dinners, catering events, marketing events, etc.; seek approval for; and effectively execute upon said events.
- Collaborate with the Food & Beverage Manager and Sr. Food & Beverage Manager to develop sales strategies for existing and new locations.
- Define, identify, and set product selection standards for food, wares, supplies, and other applicable products, and collaborate with the Food & Beverage Manager and Sr. Food & Beverage Manager to evaluate and select vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring that the restaurants adhere to Wilderness Resort standards, cleanliness, conditional, and service standards at all times.
- Manage and motivate all restaurant culinary members including; line cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers. Daily supervision to include; training, discipline, scheduling and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service and productivity standards to provide exceptional internal and external guest satisfaction.
- Oversee and manage daily shifts. Complete mastery of all culinary duties and positions.
- Communicate with staff to expand a clear understanding of the restaurants expectations by pre-shift meetings, to discuss the daily specials, new items, current issues, and our FOH recommendations on appetizers and desserts.
- Preparing weekly culinary staff schedules.
- Continue to work line shifts during low volume periods to manage labor costs.
*Wilderness Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer