EMS Provider is responsible for the safety of guests, associates, vendors, and contractors in all aquatic and dry attractions, public area, convention center, resort rooms, student housing, parking lots and other resort property while on duty; applying life-saving skills and first aid to any person(s) who is in need.
Essential Functions: Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, safety guidelines and training programs for all waterpark venues.
- Apply lifesaving skills and first aid to any guest/associate who is in need quickly.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and safe and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Fully understand and comply with all Federal, State, County and Municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of waterpark outlets/venues, associates and guests.
- Participate in scheduled trainings set forth by the EMS Provider Assistant Manager.
- Make sure all incident and rescue reports are filled out properly and that all guest injuries are checked on with the proper Kalahari protocol.
- Report all incidents and accidents to the leadership team in the department in which they have occurred.
- Continually maintain communication with EMS/Safety Assistant Manager.
- Maintain communication about on-going incidents with Corporate First Aid & Safety Manager.
- Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively. Bi-lingual skills are preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to act professional under pressure.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be effective in handling problems in stressful, high-pressure situations, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
This is part-time with various work hours and days, based on business needs. This position regularly requires evening, weekend and holiday work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Lifeguard certification would be a plus. Experience working in a large resort or recreational/waterpark venue is helpful.
- Current First Aid Certificate required including Oxygen usage and Automated External Defibrillation (AED). Candidates are required to have current EMT (basic, Intermediate, Paramedic) State Registry.
What it’s like to work with Kalahari: https://bit.ly/2T9j6XW
WHO WE ARE:
We are America's Largest Indoor Waterparks and Resorts, including authentically-African themed resorts, luxurious spas, state-of-the-art convention centers, world-class dining, cutting-edge arcades, thrilling theme parks and diverse shopping experiences. Kalahari Resorts is owned by one family and has three large operating properties, with another opening in Round Rock, TX in 2020.
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour