To be considered for a position you must apply at www.wildernessresort.com/jobs
The Wilderness Resort is currently seeking a hard-working, team oriented individual to join our team as a Aquatics Maintenance Technician Trainee! The Aquatics Maintenance Technician Trainee is responsible assists the Aquatics Maintenance Technician in ensuring the safety, maintenance, and operation of all swimming pools outlined by the Wisconsin Department of Health, Social and Agriculture Services. Chapters 171 and 172 HSS Manual provide detailed operational procedures and guidelines for swimming pools, wading pools, whirlpools, plunge pools, and wave pools.
• Handling and monitoring all chemicals for swimming pools and spas.
• Performs cleaning, water testing, and inspections on equipment.
• Conducts inspections of major equipment systems and components.
• Repairs fences and gates.
• Works with skilled plumbers, electricians, and HVAC technicians on repairs and projects.
• Performs a variety of duties such as maintenance of pool facility and equipment, water testing, and opening and closing of pool facilities.
• General maintenance of pumps and motors.
• Operation of water systems, filters systems, and pump systems.
• Quickly learn the necessary procedures and methods used to maintain swimming pool and spa systems.
• Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, and other department staff.
• Frequently perform heavy manual labor.
• Drive company vehicle safely and in accordance with Resort policy and traffic laws.
• Ability to plan, organize and schedule work effectively.
• Secure and keep current certifications as a Certified Pool/Spa Operator.
• Perform varied tasks as assigned.