Essential Job Functions:
- Ensuring guest safety.
- Maintaining high standards of safety.
- Maintaining skills at a rescue-ready level at all times.
- Exceptional guest service skills, especially regarding children.
- Assisting with various tasks including but not limited to grounds, tubes, line control, and taking out trash.
- Requires physical stamina, and extended periods of time in and out of chlorinated water in various weather conditions and temperatures.
***Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid certifications (classes available)
Preferred- minimum of 1 year experience in related position
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Knowledge of all facets of hotel including guest relations, as they apply to Chula Vista Resort, is required. The ability to work with other people effectively in a staff position is important. Must have the ability to think creatively regarding the needs of the resort and solve problems or seize opportunities as they occur. The knowledge of training methods and procedures and the ability to implement them are essential.
Standing for an extended period of time.
Have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
Walking and climbing, turning head and torso, bending arms, wrists, and fingers.
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, well enough to give instructions, relay information, and carry on effective interchange with customers, vendors, and company staff.
***It may be possible that the following certifications be obtained through Chula Vista Resort. Current lifeguard, CPR, and first aid certifications. AED and Oxygen Administration certifications highly recommended.
- Competitive pay with performance incentives
- Variety Health Benefits
- 401K plan
- Employee discounts
- Friendly work environment with monthly rallies
- Potential for advancement in a family atmosphere team environment